It is a quantity of diversion or different cultures. Nepal is a home to different caste/ethnicity, community, belief etc. These different groups have their own lifestyle, clothing, language, festivals etc. This difference is cultural diversity.
Article 3 of Interim constitution of Nepal states Nepal as a Nation having multiethnic, multilingual, multi-religious and multicultural characteristics.
Specialty of Nepalese culture diversity
- Social harmony is at its highest.
- Place to exhibit various culture and traditions.
- Open museum for various culture
- In phase of transition by removing negative aspects of our tradition
- Working on removing caste / profession based discrimination
- Protection of ancient cultures tradition
- States lack of interest towards cultural diversity
- Lack of protection of culture heritage sites, art & architecture
- Existing social evil has negative impact on cultural diversity
- States lack of interest in promoting the culture of indigenous people, minority groups
- No work to increases public awareness about the importance of cultural diversity
- Create policy to protect diversity and implement region wise
- Increase public / individual participation
- Establish special program to protect culture of minority and endangered groups
- Policy with highest priority to cultural diversity is necessary
It is the process that rises awareness and motivates people to demand change or a particular development. Various groups responsible for social mobilization includes policy makers, Bureaucracy, NGOs, individuals, family, community, and mass media etc.
- Encourage everyone for development process
- Effective movement of infrastructure development
- Implement sustainable development approach, balance development
- Use local resources, tools and skills
- Local ownership of developmental efforts
- Minimize development expenditure
- Create public awareness and encourage self-reliance
- Join global change trends and encourage good governance
- Social transformation, change, justice & equity
- Personal/groups benefit dominate
- Lacks of peoples participation and public awareness
- Lack of active participation of local bodies
- Lack of infrastructure and resources
- Lack of good governance efforts
- Lack of results from efforts or NGO, Civil society etc.
- Maintain financial discipline, regular monitoring etc.
- Increase public participation in social mobilization
- Conduct local bodies election asap
- Manage adequate resources for social mobilization
- Keep sustainable development focus
- Increase public interaction, debate etc. on the issue
- Target public interest, wants and needs
- Emphasis on the feeling of unity, love for country and its progress.